Aged steak can be delicious if you know how to prepare it correctly. The only problem that you might be facing is the fact that most aged steak is also dry.
And, this is where the trick comes in. Preparing your dry, aged steak can be hard if you don’t exactly know the tips and tricks for making your steak juicy and delicious.
With this guide, you will know everything there is to know about dry aged steak and how to cook it correctly, to enjoy the steak with friends and family.
This is the secret to most chefs that are preparing aged steak.
It Is Always Best to Purchase Grade a Aged Steak
The first thing that you need to know, is that if you are purchasing aged steak, you should make sure that you are purchasing the highest quality steak. This is the only way that you can be sure to have the best tasting steak that isn’t going to end up dry.
This is why you should look for the sealed pack with grade A aged steak.
Then, the chance that you are going to struggle with dry-aged steak will be a lot less. This is one of the biggest mistakes that people are making. They are looking for the cheapest aged steak, and end up with something that is dry and tough to eat.
The Secret Isn’t in the Spices but in the Preparation
A mistake that everyone is making is that they are using a huge variety of spices, herbs, and even marinade to ensure that their aged steak isn’t dry.
If you want to have marinade steak, the last thing that you should do is to purchase aged steak. You are just going to ruin the taste of the aged steak.
Salt and pepper. This is all that you need if you want to make sure that you are going to have the best-aged steak that isn’t going to end up dry.
However, you need to realize that if you want to have a steak that isn’t dry, you should be sure to know how to prepare the steak. Great aged steak lies in how you are preparing and cooking it.
Which Way Is Best to Cook Aged Steak, Oven, Grill, or Smoke?
This is a question that many people are asking. Which way is best to cook an aged steak? Should you use your oven, grill, or smoker?
There isn’t really a right or wrong answer. It doesn’t matter what cooking method you are using, with the right preparation, you can use any method.
The only one that we won’t recommend is smoking. The smoker is going to take the aged steak, taste away.
There are different methods that you can grill or oven cook your aged steak. The secret lies in how you are preparing the steak.
The Basic Step by Step Guide to Cook Aged Steak
If you want to have the best tasting aged steak that will not end up dry, you want to make use of this basic step by step guide on how to cook aged steak.
This will give you an idea about how to ensure that your steak doesn’t end up dry.
- You need to have a thick aged steak, like the ribeye for this method. And, you will need to have salt and pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (204°C). You are going to use your stovetop at first, but you’ll need the oven as well. If you want to use your grill, you should still preheat the grill.
- The next step is to season your steak with the salt and pepper to taste. Then, you should preheat your cast iron skillet to high heat on your stove top. The hotter the pan, the better.
- With the pan hot, you are now searing your steak for about 2 minutes on each side. Not longer than two minutes is essential. Next, you will be searing the fatty end of the steak for just 30 seconds.
- Place the steak in the oven or grill for about 8 minutes. Baste the steak with melted butter for about 2 minutes.
- Let the steak rest for about 10 minutes before cutting the meat. Serve the steak while it is still hot. Never reheat your steak in any way.
Having aged steak is always great if you have prepared it correctly.
This is why you should make sure that you are cooking your dry-aged steak correctly.
Then, you will not even realize that it was dry. Any aged steak can be juicy and soft with the right preparation.
We hope that we have given you all the information on how to cook dry aged steak for your family.
This can be a really great tasting steak if you are preparing it correctly.